In a Twitter post earlier today, @FortniteGame released a video entitled “Battle Royale Update” in which they gave us a bit of a sneak peak into what’s going to be coming up in the newest update, v5.40, hits next week. Below are the key points that were brought up in the video, and if you want to see the whole thing, we will link it at the bottom of this page!
Dev Update on v5.40 Key Points:
- Storm Destruction
- “The basic idea is: The edge of the storm will do damage to player-built structures in the final phases of the game.”
- “Less than 10% of our matches are affected by this, or make it that long, and so we’re really trying to tactically adjust the final stages to provide a little bit more of a dynamic gameplay.”
- “We really look forward to your feedback on this feature, and we are excited to see how it plays out!”
- Revolver Vaulting
- “In 5.40, we will be vaulting the revolver”
- “In the past, you’ve seen that we’ve brought back the Guided Missile, which was vaulted for a period of time, so being vaulted doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s gone forever.”
- “Using this an initiative to keep the item pool feeling fresh, exciting, dynamic, and we’ll be targeting future updated, potentially Season 6, as a possibility to vault more items.”
- Item Updates
- “In 5.40, we’ll be adding a new mobility item.”
- “Remote Explosive rarity going to increase from Rare to Epic to match its effectiveness.”
- “The Boogie Bomb will be dropping in a stack size of 2, where as it was one previously.”
- “Shields will be adjusted from a maximum stack size of two, to a maximum stack size of three.”
I think one of the biggest announcements for this new update has definitely been the new Storm Destruction element, making defensive building during the end-game much more difficult. And, of course, we cannot forget to mention that there’s going to be a new mobility item?!
Not only do we already have Shopping Carts and ATK’s for ground movement, but we also have stationary rifts, as well as the brand new Rift-to-Go to cover huge amounts of ground, very quickly. We also were recently given the newest version of the Impulse Grenades, the Shockwave Grenades, which launch you roughly twice the distance, and eliminates the fear of fall damage!
What do you think of this update? What do you think will be the new mobility item? Check out our Contact Us tab, and let us know!
To view the original tweet, and see the whole video, see below!
Get a first look at new Storm behavior, vaulting weapons and some item updates! Grab all the info before patch 5.40 hits next week. pic.twitter.com/8gJ5OIc5wl
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) August 31, 2018